When you become a member of SPMAO, you are strengthening your voice in the pest management industry.
Membership benefits include exclusive education and training to ensure that our pest management professionals are current with today’s “best practices” and licensing.
Joint Members are Pest Control Companies and must submit proof of an Operator’s License. Joint members enjoy full membership with voting rights.
A unique cooperative effort between SPMAO, CPMA and the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) makes it possible for you to enjoy the membership benefits and resources of all three organizations at a fraction of the cost. If you are a member of SPMAO and CPMA, you can access NPMA resources. This partnership is designed to help you to grow personally and professionally as well as grow your business more efficiently and less expensively.
Here we have picked a few of the most popular member benefits, but we encourage you to visit www.npmapestworld.org to see all that is available to you.
Member Affinity Programs
- The Structural Pest Management Association of Ontario teams up with the Canadian Federation of Independent Business!
The Structural Pest Management Association of Ontario is proud to announce a new partnership with the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB). Some SPMAO members already belong to CFIB. Now ALL SPMAO Members will have access to the business support, savings programs and independent business advocacy provided by CFIB. With 95,000 members, CFIB is Canada’s largest advocacy organization concerned about the survival and growth of independent business.
- Healis Business Consulting
SPMAO is pleased to offer another tremendous member benefit. As a current, Active SPMAO Member, you can access Healis’ strategic and financial consulting services. Whether you are looking to analyze the current performance of your business, estimate future profitability and cash flows, determine the value you have built, expand your business (or maybe even considering selling), Healis can help. As a SPMAO member, you have access to a free initial consultation and preferred, discounting pricing for advisory projects. Please contact Trevor at 647-990-356 or email@example.com.
- East Court Ford Partner Pricing Program
SPMAO is pleased to offer a tremendous member benefit. As a current, Active SPMAO Member, you have access to 1) Purchase any NEW vehicle and pay only 2% over dealer cost 2) Streamlined incentive pricing structure 3) Access to savings on Commercial Uplifts. To get started let Sam Thapa know your company details and vehicle requirement. Please contact Sam at (416) 292-1171 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nissan Fleet Program
SPMAO is pleased to offer you another member benefit. As a current, active SPMAO member, you can now qualify for discounts on Nissan vehicles for your business. To manage your fleet and receive your discount, please contact Ted Kelly at (905) 881-3900 or email him at email@example.com.
- SPMAO members Save 70% with UPS Freight
As a new member benefit CPMA has partnered with UPS to offer up to 70% savings on heavy freight shipments (150 lbs to 10,000 lbs) to all member companies. Enrollment is free with no obligations and no minimum shipping requirements, simply complete the application to enroll in this exclusive program today! Click here for more information.
- Shell TRITON® Fleet Management Card
The Shell TRITON® card with eTRAC reduces your bookkeeping, saves you money, and gives you a better overview of your expenses. Click here to learn more.
- Hub International Limited Insurance Discount Program
SPMAO members are eligible for discounts on insurance coverage, please contact Steve Primiani at 905-948-2896 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website for more information.
- Marsh Canada Insurance Discount Program
SPMAO members are eligible for discounts on insurance coverage, please click contact Rosemary Bratscher at 519-663-5298 or email@example.com.
- NEBS Business Products
CPMA has partnered with NEBS to bring you a special discount of 15% off all of the products needed to run and grow your business successfully. NEBS products include checks and forms, promotional products and print marketing, personalized apparel and more. To order go to the website at nebs.ca or call 1-800-461-7572 and be sure to use member number 47766.
Networking & Technical Advice
- Learn from your peers and share your wisdom by joining a forum at my.npmapestworld.org
- Call an expert on the Information Central Hotline (800-678-6722). Our staff entomologists are here to help.
- Take advantage of Canadian and US Industry meetings. As a member you receive a significant discount on registration fees.
Training and Technical Resources
- Print Resources
From the widely-acclaimed Pest Posters and NPCA Field Guide to Structural Pests to consumer-oriented brochures. The Bugstore has the finest and widest selection of technical and management training materials.
- Online Learning Site
- Pest Management in Food Plants Exam
Publicize Your Company’s Professional Commitment
- Display the associations’ logos on business cards, corporate letterhead, vehicles, and advertisements, which reinforce the company’s professional image to customers and prospective clients. Click here to download the NPMA logo. Click here to download the new CPMA logo.
More than one million consumers every year turn to www.pestworld.org to learn more about pests and pest management. Please note that company listings are randomized, meaning each company will, at alternating times, appear first, last, and in the middle.
- Pest Gazette Consumer Newsletter
The Pest Gazette is a quarterly, four page newsletter that highlights seasonal pests and can be personalized to include your company’s information to market your services. PMPs purchase and distribute this educational piece so the consumer understands why it’s important to hire a professional. Click here for more information.
Your Source for Industry News
- SPMAO’s Newsletter is a monthly electronic newsletter, which includes valuable and timely industry and national news, membership bulletins and articles of interest.
- ePestWorld, is a weekly electronic newsletter. This is an easy way to get connected to the latest industry happenings.
Archives of the digital magazine can be found here – https://www.pestworldmag-digital.com/npmas/Store.action
Printed Magazine Archives can be found here – https://npmapestworld.org/newsroom/pestworld-magazine/issue-archive
- PestWorld Newsletter, a bi-monthly printed publication, that offers in-depth analysis of the pest management industry, as well as business tips and techniques. You’ll also receive stories from the field, legislative news, and technical updates. Missing an issue? All PestWorld newsletters are archived and available online by clicking https://www.npmapestworld.org/newsroom/recent-news.
- PCT Magazine or Pest Control Technology is the leading trade publication serving the pest control industry. Current issue and Archives of the digital magazine can be found here – https://www.pctonline.com/magazine
Health & Dental Insurance Group Plan
Click here to read about our exciting new offer of a Health and Dental Benefit Plan available exclusively for SPMAO Members. We chose to work with RWAM Insurance Administrators Inc. because their niche is working with small and medium-sized businesses and they have an understanding of the unique challenges that need to be taken into consideration.
- Click here to download the Pesticide Program Application.
- Click here to download the Pollution Liability Supplement.